Friday, September 25, 2009

Why HVAC Is Important

I'm in training this week. It's a nice classroom in San Mateo, with excellent internet connectivity and good tables and chairs. This is career-defining training, so I'm excited to be here. But I'm having trouble concentrating because the air conditioning has the temperature hovering around 55 degrees. That leads to a vicious cycle...

1) I'm drinking a lot of warm drinks.
2) I'm not able to focus because I'm shivering...even in my jacket.
3) The drinking and the cold leads to a shrunken and full bladder.
4) Even more trouble focusing because of the bladder.
5) Frequent visits to the bathroom, missing even more class.

They have a technician here trying to fix the problem, but it probably won't be done until the end of the day. Marvelous.

2 comments:

JustJoeP said...

if it continues on Monday, try blocking the vent feeds to the room. Stand on the table if necessary, use legal pads and duct tape to close off the vents if they don't have a local damper adjustment. The heat of the humans and electronics in the room should help to warm the room.

The worst thing that will happen, is that an adjacent room will get more cold air or the main cooling coils will freeze over.

Trust me, I've done this before, and I'm a former facilities engineer. =)

Joe M said...

Thanks :)

The tech is working on it today, and I won't be here Monday. Thanks goodness.