Thursday, July 30, 2009

News Flash: Pigs Fly, Hell Freezes Over

Anyone who's known me for a long time could probably tell you a few truisms about me: I'm not subtle, I'm never at a loss for words, and a laugh or joke is always close at hand.

Some of them would also tell you that I'm not the marrying type. Those people, it turns out, were a bit off the mark. Two days ago I did what some would say is out of character and proposed to Anne. She said yes :)

It's an interesting feeling...I knew long ago that Anne was right for me. Marriage was never high on my list of priorities. I'm not a religious guy, and I could care less whether the state blesses my relationship with somebody. But it's still comforting to make it official. And I'm excited about it :)

2 comments:

JustJoeP said...

"I'm not a religious guy" = Understatement. =)

Congratulations! I think you've both gone through a happy trial / lease-to-own period, and have proven excellent compatibility.

Dr Desert Flower and I are very happy for you!

Unknown said...

OK, marriage is one thing... but emoticons???? Soon you'll be ROTFTAJ (rolling on the floor twittering about Jesus).

Congratulations... I heard that you are registered at the Anarchist Bookstore on Haight but that can't be true because it's been gone for twenty years. I figure that you are probably really registered at Chris Daly's real estate agent's office.