Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hotel TVs...WTF?

If you travel at all, you've probably encountered the LodgeNet Remote. It's a TV remote that many hotel chains use to add pay-per-view movies and games to their TVs. And it's an absolute piece of shit that needs to die an agonizing death. It's clunky, it doesn't work right, and it slows down the TV. Tell me this: should a remote take 3-4 seconds to change a channel? Should it require you to wait a full second between pushing successive buttons (like when switching to a double-digit channel)? And most of all, shouldn't a TV remember the last channel you were on instead of resetting back to the annoying hotel ad channel? Yeah. I thought so.

I'm stuck at a Hilton in Austin, TX and the LodgeNet remote has been pissing me off. So has the ungodly slow internet access that requires me to log in via proxy every 30 minutes. All of this idiocy just so that Paris Hilton can make a lame sex tape and spend money she didn't earn...if ever we needed more evidence that the inheritance tax is a good thing.

2 comments:

JustJoeP said...

it$ all about da money. They want you to buy movies, buy content, buy games.... if it inconveniences the free stuff, the hotel doesn't give a crap.

Now.. imagine all the hands that remote has been in previously... and go wash your own hands now. =)

Joe M said...

I think they need to worry more about me...because I'm inclined to change the channel a lot after I put my foot up the guy's arse who invented this piece of crap.