Wednesday, December 31, 2008

...and Dirt is Brown

From the my-goodness-that's-a-surprise department:

Virginity pledges don't mean much, study says

According to a study published Monday in the journal Pediatrics, pledge takers are as likely to have sex before marriage as other teens who are also religious, but don't take the pledge. However, pledge takers are less likely than other religious or conservative teens to use condoms or birth control when they do start having sex.


These kids took a virginity pledge, and have sex anyway...might that be construed as bearing false witness? So in the epic battle between The Bible and The Libido, guess who wins...

4 comments:

JustJoeP said...

the whole concept of "renewed virginity" is hilariously delusional. Mom, dad, I had sex, but now, I've taken a pledge, and I am virgin again - send those young Republicans to Iraq! In 2006, there were lots of studies publicized about how the pledges don't work. Slow news cycle that they are recycling it now?

Joe M said...

I just finished The Year of Living Biblically. I'll send it to you shortly...good read.

JustJoeP said...

I saw it at Borders, for like $5. Don't send, I will get it there. =)

Joe M said...

K. I think Mr. Taylor would enjoy it too :)