Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Comes Early



She knew exactly what I wanted...nothing too fancy, nothing expensive, but something that will hold my attention for more than a few seconds. And 220hp prototype motorcycles that go over 200mph definitely hold my attention...especially when one of them is Ducati red. Anne gave me an early present at the dinner table last night. I felt bad because her only gift from me is already in New York, ready to be delivered by Santa (Satan) Claus. Like a kid on Christmas morning, I ripped it open, ran to the console, and had a lap around Mugello...as Valentino Rossi, of course.

MotoGP 08 is an incremental evolution from the MotoGP 07 version. The biggest difference is that you can now race the 250cc and 125cc two-strokes as well as the 800cc four-stroke machinery. They've also updated the circuits to match this season, adding Indianapolis and subtracting Istanbul. They even try to match the class schedule, since the game won't let you race the two-strokes at Laguna Seca. That's too bad...I always wanted to watch Alvaro Bautista take people out in the Corkscrew.

All in all, a good game. The graphics are a bit improved from last year, and the bikes ride a bit differently. And adding the two strokes is something people have always wanted. I'll be spending more than a few hours on this.

No comments: